The Spanish for Executives LTD Privacy and Cookies Policy.
Spanish For Executives LTD is a private limited company registered in England and Wales with number 10643258. 71-75 Shelton Street, (Covent Garden) London, WC2H 9JQ, UNITED KINGDOM.
When you use our services, you’ll share some information with us. We want to be upfront about the information we collect, how we use it, who we share it with and the choices we give you to control, access and update your information.
For the purposes of data protection legislation, we are the data controller of your personal data. We are registered with the Information Commissioners Office in the UK with reference number TBC.
- We keep to a minimum the information we hold about you
- We use your data to provide our services to you, respond to your enquiries, manage our relationship with you, meet our legal obligations, and improve our website
- We delete your data when it is no longer needed for these things
- Generally, we do not give your information to third parties, but there are some exceptions
- You have lots of privacy rights
- We take security seriously
- We are happy to answer your questions about any of this
Cookies on Spanish for Executives's website
This site, like many others, uses small files called cookies to help us customise your experience. Find out more about cookies and how you can control them.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are stored by the browser (for example, Internet Explorer or Safari) on your computer or mobile phone. They allow websites to store things like user preferences. You can think of cookies as providing a ‘memory’ for the website, so that it can recognise you when you come back and respond appropriately.
Some cookies are necessary to allow you to browse our website, use its features, and access secure areas. The use of these cookies is essential for the website to work. For example, we use user-input cookies for the duration of a session to keep track of a user’s input when filling in forms that span several pages.
We also use functional cookies to remember choices you’ve made or information you’ve provided, such as your username, language, or the region you are in. This allows us to tailor your website experience specifically to your preferences. For example, authentication cookies are functional cookies that are used for the duration of a session (or persistent, if you agree to the “remember me” function) to allow users to authenticate themselves on subsequent visits or to gain access to authorized content across pages. The functional cookies we use include:
- User-centric security cookies to detect authentication abuses for a limited persistent duration, like repeated failed login attempts. These cookies are set for the specific task of increasing the security of the service.
- Multimedia content player session cookies (flash cookies) are used for the duration of a session to store technical data needed to play back video or audio content (e.g. image quality, network link speed, and buffering parameters).
- Load balancing session cookies are used for the duration of the session to identify the same server in the pool in order for the load balancer to redirect user requests appropriately.
- User interface customization persistent cookies are used to store a user’s preference regarding a service across web pages.
Spanish for Executive's website is dedicated to user experience and we use many tools to help us improve our website and our commerce platform. To this end, we use reporting and analytics cookies to collect information about how you use our website or our merchants’ storefronts, and how often. These cookies only gather information for statistical purposes and only use pseudonymous cookie identifiers that do not directly identify you. The performance cookies we use include:
- First party analytics cookies - We use these cookies to estimate the number of unique visitors, to improve our websites and our merchants’ websites, and to detect the most searched for words in search engines that lead to a webpage. These cookies are not used to target you with online marketing. We use these cookies to learn how our websites and our merchants’ websites are performing and make relevant improvements to improve your browsing experience.
- Third party analytics cookies - We also use Google Analytics and other third-party analytics providers listed below to help measure how users interact with our website content. These cookies “remember” what our users have done on previous pages and how they’ve interacted with the website. For more information on Google Analytics, visit Google’s information page. For instructions on how opt out of Google Analytics, see below.
Finally, Social and Content cookies are placed by many social media plugins (for example the Facebook ’like’ button), and other tools meant to provide or improve the content on a website (for example services that allow the playing of video files, or that create comments sections). We integrate these modules into our platform to improve the experience of browsing and interacting with our websites. Please note that some of these third party services place cookies that are also used for things like behavioural advertising, analytics, and/or market research. things like behavioural advertising, analytics, and/or market research.
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies”, as mentioned above, are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers or payment details, email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information”.
How long will cookies remain on my computer or mobile device?
The length of time that a cookie remains on your computer or mobile device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies last until you stop browsing and persistent cookies last until they expire or are deleted. Most of the cookies we use are persistent and will expire between 30 minutes and two years from the date they are downloaded to your device. See the section below on how to control cookies for more information on removing them before they expire.
How do I turn cookies off?
It is usually possible to stop your browser accepting cookies, or to stop it accepting cookies from a particular website. However, we cannot tell if you are signed in without using cookies, so you would not be able to post comments.
All modern browsers allow you to change your cookie settings. You can usually find these settings in the Options or Preferences menu of your browser. To understand these settings, the following links may be helpful, or you can use the Help option in your browser for more details.
If you are primarily concerned about third party cookies generated by advertisers, you can turn these off by going to the Your Online Choices site.
You can also visit the trade body representing these advertising platforms for more information: Network Advertising Initative.
They have provided a site where you can control all third-party online advertising. Please note that there are many more networks listed on this site than those that we us.
You can control and manage cookies in various ways. Please keep in mind that removing or blocking cookies can negatively impact your user experience and parts of our website may no longer be fully accessible.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can choose whether or not to accept cookies through your browser controls, often found in your browser’s “Tools” or “Preferences” menu. For more information on how to modify your browser settings or how to block, manage or filter cookies can be found in your browser’s help file or through such sites as: www.allaboutcookies.org.
Do not track
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
Spanish for Executive’s PRIVACY –General terms
How do we protect your personal information?
We're strongly committed to keeping you and your family's information safe. And to do this we design our services with your safety in mind. We also have dedicated teams to look after your information security and privacy.
At the same time, no service can be completely secure - if you have any concerns that your Spanish for Executive’s account or personal information has been put at risk, for example if someone could have found out your password, please get in touch straight away at hola@SpanishForExecutives.co.uk .
Description of processing
The following is a broad description of the way Spanish for Executives processes personal information. To understand how your own personal information is processed you may need to refer to any personal communications you have received, check any privacy notices the organisation has provided or contact the organisation to ask about your personal circumstances.
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
Reasons and purposes for processing information
We process personal information to enable us to provide education and training to our customers and clients; to promote our services, to maintain our own accounts and records and to support and manage our employees.
Type/classes of information processed by Spanish for Executives
We process information relevant to the above reasons/purposes. This may include:
- personal details
- family details
- business activities of the person whose personal information we are processing
- lifestyle and social circumstances
- financial details
- training details
- education and employment details
- goods and services
We also process sensitive classes of information that may include:
- physical or mental health details
- racial or ethnic origin
- religious or other beliefs
- trade union membership
Who the information is processed about
We process personal information about:
- professional advisers and consultants
- complainants, enquirers
Who the information may be shared with
In order for us to give you quality experiences and to understand how you're using our services we often use other companies to process your personal information on our behalf. For example, sending you emails about things we think might interest you, or to ask you what you think about our services.
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site -- you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We make sure that your personal information is looked after as if we were handling it directly. We carefully select these companies, only share with them what they need to do the work and we make sure they keep your information secure.
We sometimes need to share the personal information we process with the individual themself and also with other organisations. Where this is necessary we are required to comply with all aspects of the Data Protection Act (DPA). What follows is a description of the types of organisations we may need to share some of the personal information we process with for one or more reasons.
Please bear in mind that when you make something public, like post a comment which the public can see, your information may potentially be also public.
Where necessary or required we share information with:
- business associates and other professional advisers
- educators and examining bodies
- current, past or prospective employers
- family, associates and representatives of the person whose personal data we are processing
- employment and recruitment agencies
- financial organisations
- credit reference agencies
- debt collection and tracing agencies
- suppliers and service providers;
- persons making an enquiry or complaint
- other companies in the same group
- central government
- Additional reasons
- Undertaking research
Personal information is also processed in order to undertake research.
We do research activities and sometimes collaborate with research partners. Every now and then we share our content and data with them. This might include information we've collected about you. But we're careful about what we share and what our research partners can do with it.
For this reason the information processed may include name, contact details, family details, lifestyle and social circumstances, financial details, good and services. The sensitive types of information may include physical or mental health details, racial or ethnic origin and religious or other beliefs. This information is about survey respondents. Where necessary or required this information may be shared with customers and clients, agents, service providers, survey and research organisations.
Consulting and advisory services
Information is processed for consultancy and advisory services that are offered. For this reason the information processed may include name, contact details, family details, financial details, and the goods and services provided. This information may be about customers and clients. Where necessary this information is shared with the data subject themselves, business associates and other professional advisers, current, past or prospective employers and service providers.
Laws and regulations
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
When will the Spanish for Executives use my information to contact me?
We might use your information to contact you about different things, like:
- to check with you about any service or activity you've signed up for. For example we might tell you if your Spanish for Executives account hasn't been used in a long time. Or it might be about creating a child account
- to contact you about a creation you sent us, like things you've sent in to hola@SpanishForExecutives.co.uk
- to answer you when you've contacted us, or to respond to a comment or complaint
- to invite you to take part in surveys about the Spanish for Executives services, which are always voluntary
- for marketing purposes
- to send you notification on your device if you've selected them in your settings
- We'll only contact you when we need to or when you've given us permission.
- We'll never contact you to ask for your Spanish for Executives account password.
Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
We'll only send you marketing emails or contact you about Spanish for Executives programmes, services and your views on issues about the Spanish for Executives if you've agreed to this.
You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by logging into your account and adjusting your marketing preferences or by following the opt-out links on any marketing messages sent to you.
Where you opt out of receiving marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us which we need in order to supply our services to you.
Keep in mind, even if you unsubscribe, we may still contact you.
Will my personal information be used when the Spanish for Executives advertises with other companies?
If you have a Spanish for Executives account we might use information that we hold about you to show you relevant and "targeted advertising" through other companies' sites, like Facebook, Google, Snapchat or Twitter for example. This could be showing you a Spanish for Executives advertising message where we know you have a Spanish for Executives account and have used Spanish for Executives services.
If you don't want to see our targeted advertising, you can set ad preferences in your social media companies' settings.
Does Spanish for Executives sell my personal information
We'll never sell your personal information.
What rights do I have?
You have the right to ask us for a copy of your personal data; to correct, delete or restrict (stop any active) processing of your personal data; and to obtain the personal data you provide to us for a contract or with your consent in a structured, machine readable format,and to ask us to share (port) this data to another controller.
In addition, you can object to the processing of your personal data in some circumstances (in particular, where we don’t have to process the data to meet a contractual or other legal requirement, or where we are using the data for direct marketing).
These rights may be limited, for example if fulfilling your request would reveal personal data about another person, or if you ask us to delete information which we are required by law to keep or have compelling legitimate interests in keeping.
To exercise any of these rights, you can get in touch with us – or our data protection officer – using the details set out below. If you have unresolved concerns, you have the right to complain to an EU data protection authority where you live, work or where you believe a breach may have occurred.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights you can:
- email us at hola@SpanishForExecutives.co.uk
- let us have information to identify you
- let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill)
- let us know the information to which your request relates.
Can I delete my information?
This depends on what information you're talking about.
- If you're talking about Spanish for Executives account
You can delete your account. Your account information is immediately deleted. Keep in mind:
- we keep a record of how you've used our services, but this information can't be linked back to you
- we also keep anything you've uploaded or commented on
- What about other information I've shared with you?
We might have collected other personal information that you might ask to be deleted that has nothing to do with Spanish for Executives account.
If you would like to find out more about cookies and their use on the Internet, you may find the following links useful:
The IAB has provided the following website to give information specifically about privacy issues around Internet advertising:
For further legal information about privacy issues, you may find these links useful:
If you would like to contact us about cookies please email us at hola@SpanishForExecutives.co.uk .
This policy is written in English with a reference translation in another language (if necessary). In the event of any conflict in interpreting or construing the terms of this policy, the English version shall prevail.
How do I get in touch with you?
We hope that we can satisfy queries you may have about the way we process your data. If you have any concerns about how we process your data, or would like to opt out of direct marketing, you can get in touch:
1. sending an email to hola@SpanishForExecutives.co.uk
Subject: [Re: Privacy Compliance Officer]
2. via mail to
Spanish for Executives
[Re: Privacy Compliance Officer]
71-75 Shelton Garden - WC2H 9JH
3. or please use the form below: